Room Scheduling Touch Screens end the wasteful practice of searching the corridors for an available room. They eliminate confusion over which room is booked — by whom and for how long — and allow attendees to verify they’re in the right place before entering a room. They help organizations to maximize productivity and get the most usable time out of every room.
Crestron Room Scheduling Touch Screens are designed to be installed as part of a complete enterprise room scheduling solution using Crestron Fusion® Cloud Enterprise Management Software and the Crestron Hosted Scheduling Service.
Form and Function
The TSS-752 Room Scheduling Touch Screen features a brilliant 7 inch (178 mm) widescreen display with lots of space for displaying essential meeting and scheduling information all at once without forcing the reader to flip through multiple pages. Crestron Smart Graphics™ delivers a dynamic, gesture-driven user experience with many customizable features. Capacitive touch screen technology affords a nimble touch response for navigating the intuitive on-screen interface. Soft-touch buttons to the right of the touch screen offer an alternate method for navigating the on-screen interface. Side-mounted, multi-color LED beacons provide a clear indication of a room’s status down long corridors.
With its clean, modern appearance, the TSS-752 makes an elegant statement in any environment including office buildings, conference centers, hotels, and universities. A choice of mounting options allows the TSS-752 to be installed in places other touch screens just can’t go. It can be installed on a wall over a standard 2-gang electrical box, mounted to virtually any flat surface — even glass, granite, or marble, or mounted to the mullion of a glass wall, window, or partition for a clean look that is unmarred by the installation method.
Enhanced Room Scheduling
The TSS-752 is optimized for use with Crestron Fusion Cloud and Crestron Hosted Scheduling Service, enabling tight integration with popular scheduling applications like Microsoft® Exchange, Office 365™, IBM® Notes®, CollegeNET® R25®, and Google Calendar™.Through its color touch screen, the TSS-752 provides advanced room scheduling capabilities that can be customized to suit the needs of any organization.
- Schedule View – Displays a clear, at-a-glance view of the current reservation along with upcoming reservations and available time slots on a scrolling calendar ribbon. New reservations can be scheduled on the spot.
- Find – Allows you to quickly search all the rooms on the network, and reserve any room nearby, without leaving the touch screen you’re at.
- End Now – Allows you to end a reservation early, making the room available to others immediately.
- Extend – Allows you to extend the current reservation if a meeting is running over and the room is still available.
- Details – Provides additional information about a reservation.
- Check In – This option requires the meeting organizer to check in before a meeting to confirm the reservation. If no one checks in, the room can automatically become available to others.
- Availability Threshold – Reserves extra setup time ahead of the actual scheduled event. Eliminates the need to schedule a separate reservation for setup of furniture, refreshments, staging, and AV before a meeting, luncheon, or other event.
- Custom Backgrounds – Allows you to change the background images that appear on each touch screen. Company logos and other custom graphics can be uploaded to the Crestron Fusion Cloud server or any web server, enabling the graphics to be changed at any time by simply uploading a new image file to the server.
- Localization – Supports international fonts and formats in combination with Crestron Fusion Cloud software.
- Broadcast Messaging – Allows text bulletins, announcements, and other messages to be displayed on the touch screen. Emergency broadcasts can be accompanied by an alert sound, while non-emergency messages are displayed on the screen without disrupting its normal use.
- PIN Code Authorization – Allows a 4-digit PIN code to be used to restrict access to certain functions such as reserving a room through the touch screen, viewing a private reservation, viewing details, checking into a meeting, extending a reservation, ending a reservation early, or accessing the touch screen configuration page.
Crestron Fusion Cloud supports the use of room occupancy sensors to detect when no one has shown up for a scheduled meeting. In such an event, the current reservation can be cancelled automatically to make the room available to others. Occupancy sensors do notconnect directly to the TSS-752. They communicate with Crestron Fusion Cloud via a connection to a Crestron control system. Crestron GLS Series Occupancy Sensors are available in a variety of types to support a connection to the control system using Cresnet®, infiNET EX®, or a Versiport I/O port.
Custom User Mode
Just like any other Crestron touch screen, the TSS-752 can be custom-programmed for all types of applications. The TSS-752 uses Smart Graphics to deliver the ultimate user experience when controlling AV, lighting, shades, HVAC, and other functions. Additional enhancements include support for H.264 streaming video, Rava® SIP intercom, and audio feedback.
Multi-Language Support with Toggle Function
The TSS-752 supports all of the languages available in Crestron Fusion Cloud. In addition to a primary language, this touch screen supports and optional secondary language. Setting a secondary language enables a custom button on the toolbar that toggles between the primary and secondary language when touched. While the unit will always boot up in the primary language, one touch of the custom button instantly switches the display to the secondary language, providing an optimal solution for dual-language environments.
A simple Ethernet LAN connection is all that is required to wire the TSS-752, containing all control, video, intercom, and power signals within a single wire.
Power over Ethernet
Using Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology, the TSS-752 gets its operating power right through the LAN wiring. PoE eliminates the need for a local power supply or any dedicated power wiring. A PoE Injector (PWE-4803RU) simply connects in line with the LAN cable at a convenient location. Crestron PoE switches (CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-16) may also be used to provide a total networking solution with built-in PoE.
Simple, Versatile Mounting
The TSS-752 installs easily on virtually any mounting surface. Using the mounting plate provided, it can be attached directly to a US, UK, or European electrical box (see specifications). For impenetrable surfaces, such as decorative glass, granite, marble, plaster, smooth stone, and masonry, Crestron offers the Multi-Surface Mount Kit (TSS-752-MSMK), which comes complete with a low-profile rear shell, adhesive mounting plate, and wire raceway. For mounting to a location in which the back of the touch screen will be visible such as an interior glass wall, window, or partition, the Mullion Mount Kit (TSS-752-MUMK) is the perfect solution. It mounts to the mullion of the wall and provides a clean mounting appearance for the touch screen.
- Multi-surface mounting kit or mullion mounting kit sold separately.
- IBM Notes and CollegeNET R25 scheduling applications are only supported in on-premises deployments of Crestron Fusion Cloud and are not supported by the Crestron Hosted Scheduling Service.
- Not supported by the Crestron Hosted Scheduling Service.
- Item(s) sold separately.
- Supports Smart Graphics only. Not compatible with ”traditional” UI projects.
- Enabled through custom programming. Not used for typical room scheduling applications.
This product may be purchased from an authorized Crestron dealer. To find a dealer, please contact the Crestron sales representative for your area. A list of sales representatives is available online at www.crestron.com/salesreps or by calling 800-237-2041.
The specific patents that cover Crestron products are listed online at: patents.crestron.com.
Certain Crestron products contain open source software. For specific information, visit www.crestron.com/opensource.
Crestron, the Crestron logo, Cresnet, Crestron Fusion, infiNET EX, Rava, Smart Graphics, and TouchPoint are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Crestron Electronics, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. CollegeNET and R25 are either trademarks or registered trademarks of CollegeNET, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Google Calendar is either a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. IBM and Notes are either trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft, Office 365, Windows is either a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. Crestron disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. Crestron is not responsible for errors in typography or photography. Specifications are subject to change without notice. ©2016 Crestron Electronics, Inc.