As part of a complete CaptureLiveHD system, the Capture HD High-Definition Capture Recorder (CAPTURE-HD) provides a very simple, one-box component for capturing lectures, presentations, medical procedures, seminars, and training sessions. It is designed for easy integration in a classroom, lecture hall, training lab, or boardroom. It allows presenters and instructors to use their choice of multimedia sources, including high-definition videos, computers, whiteboards, and annotators. The CAPTURE-HD base model provides HDMI® and RGBHV inputs for such sources, plus a composite video input for a camera and line-level audio input for a wireless mic. The CAPTURE-HD-PRO model adds a 3G-SDI input to support HD digital cameras.
Without requiring any special training or extra effort from the presenter, the CAPTURE-HD records the complete presentation in full-motion HD 1080p or 720p and uploads it to a network server for publishing. It can also stream live video to a touch screen, computer, mobile device,DigitalMedia™ system, or third-party streaming media system. Schools and businesses may easily implement a facility-wide media capture solution by equipping every room with CAPTURE-HD recorders, all centrally managed by Crestron Fusion® software .
A Closer Look at the Box
The CAPTURE-HD recorder is a compact unit, designed to sit on a shelf or mount in an equipment rack or podium. It captures presentation content from a computer or other source along with a live camera image and records them together in full-motion HD. The two images may be composited on screen side-by-side or picture-in-picture (PIP). The camera PIP window can be sized and positioned in any corner of the screen over the presentation content. Either image may be captured full screen as well.
Audio content from the presentation source is captured in stereo along with the live „speech” signal from a wireless microphone. The two signals are mixed together and recorded as one high-quality stereo signal.
- Front Panel — Intuitive controls are provided on the front panel for starting, pausing, and stopping a recording. Each button lights up in a different color to provide clear indication of recording status. An LED bargraph meter provides indication of the speech signal level so you’ll know that you’re being picked up loud and clear. A full-color LCD screen displays additional feedback and provides access to setup functions.
- Content Inputs — Connecting a computer, DVD player, or other presentation source is enabled via HDMI® and RGBHV inputs on the rear panel. The HDMI input handles high-definition digital AV devices and computers with stereo audio. The RGBHV input handles analog computer sources. Built-in scaling ensures compatibility with a full range of signals. A stereo analog audio input is also provided.
- Camera Input — A composite video input provides for the connection of a single camera. Crestron offers the CAM-IFB-100 camera, which is ideally suited for the application . A 3G-SDI input (CAPTURE-HD-PRO model only) is also offered, allowing for the use of a high-definition camera with SDI, HD-SDI, or 3G-SDI output.
- Speech Input — A wireless microphone (with line level output) can be connected for pickup of the presenter. A mic mixer such as the Crestron MMX-6-USB  may also be added to enable the connection of both wired and wireless microphones.
- Local Output — HDMI and analog audio outputs are included for connection to a confidence monitor or AV system. These outputs may be used to view and hear exactly what is being recorded, or to pass the selected content source through for local presentation.
- File Storage — Captured AV files are stored locally on a memory card or USB hard drive prior to uploading to the network. A memory card slot and USB port are provided on the rear panel, and a 16 GB SDHC memory card is included. An additional USB port is provided on the front panel, allowing recordings to be saved directly to a portable USB hard drive.
- Live Streaming — As an alternative to capturing video, the CAPTURE-HD can also be used to stream live HD video and audio to a computer, mobile device, touch screen, DigitalMedia system, or third-party streaming media system. The CAPTURE-HD supports both unicast and multicast, with or without RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol). Streaming connections can be configured to stream directly to one or more specific IP addresses, or to use RTSP to manage the configuration of multiple connections automatically.
- Gigabit Ethernet — Connection to the LAN is via 1000Base-T Ethernet, affording the highest possible transfer rate for uploading HD media files to your network server or streaming live video.
Touch Screen Remote
Adding the optional touch screen controller (CAPTURE-TPMC-4SM ) enables simplified operation of the CAPTURE-HD from a lectern, desk, or wall mount location in the room. The presenter need only follow the prompts on the touch screen to easily start and stop a recording, pause or mute the recording and even add bookmarks  during the session. The touch screen can also display a live view of the room camera and a microphone level meter to lend an extra level of confidence during operation.
Control System Integration
The CAPTURE-HD integrates seamlessly with a Crestron control system to enable expanded control over AV and room devices using a variety of touch screens, wireless remotes, computers, and mobile devices.
Summary Of Features
- Delivers a low-cost, high-performance HD presentation capture solution
- Designed for college, university, teaching hospital, government and business applications
- Records the complete AV presentation, classroom lecture, or training session
- Captures in high-quality H.264 format at up to HD 1080p resolution
- Allows live streaming of HD video and audio over an IP network
- Extremely easy to use and flexible enough to fit any workflow model
- Works with Crestron Fusion® software for a total workflow engine 
- Integrates easily into existing AV presentation systems and networks
- Provides inputs for high-definition digital and analog AV sources
- Built-in scaling ensures compatibility with a full range of sources
- Provides a composite video input for the presenter’s camera
- CAPTURE-HD-PRO model includes high-definition 3G-SDI camera input
- Includes local AV output for confidence monitoring or presentation pass-thru
- Allows Crestron control system integration via Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet enables high transfer rates for uploading of HD media files
- Easy out-of-the-box setup
- Single-space 19″ rack-mountable