Designed with the professional installer/integrator in mind, the Denon Professional AVR-X3100W Rackmount A/V receiver is the ideal centerpiece for a complete multimedia presentation, small commercial or home entertainment AV system.
Equipped with both WiFi and Bluetooth wireless technologies, this receiver has the comprehensive control and switching facilities to let your client listen to their favorite audio from their portable audio player, smartphone and tablet, as well as from their home or commercial network.
In addition to its included remote control, you can control the receiver’s functions from your tablet or smartphone with free downloadable apps. Its IN•Command™ feature set also lets you access its functions from your computer’s browser. The receiver easily connects to your WiFi system, so streaming a subscription music service such as Pandora®, SiriusXM® and Spotify® is a breeze. Clients can also play music that resides on their computer using DLNA. Extending its control capabilities even further are an RS-232C port for use with external controllers and an IR in/out and 12-volt trigger. And yes, it also has a high-sensitivity AM/FM tuner!
There are eight (8) HDMI inputs (including one conveniently located on the front panel), for unsurpassed connectivity options. Its exclusive front-panel Quick Select function lets you choose any of your four favorite sources by pushing a single button and all the specific audio settings for that source are automatically recalled.
The AVR-X3100W Rack is perfect for delivering continuous high quality material for commercial background music or home entertainment needs when clients have to avoid the inconvenience of manually changing the program material. In addition, the AVR-X3100W Rack is equipped with dual RF antennas for maximum Bluetooth and WiFi reception quality.
The AVR-X3100W Rack also handles the demands of controlling and switching multiple video sources. Its advanced video processor is equipped to handle future 4K Ultra HD 60Hz full-rate content as well as featuring 4:4:4 Pure Color 4K sub-sampling pass-through, both features of the latest HDMI specification. The AVR-X3100W Rack is also certified by the Imaging Science Foundation for video quality, and is equipped with the full suite of ISFccc advanced video calibration controls.
For even greater operational flexibility, the AVR-X3100W Rack has dual-zone capability, so you can provide a second area with its own high quality independent audio program—great for private function rooms or separate meeting areas.
The powerful 7-channel amplifier section features high current discrete power output devices, a rugged power supply and generous heatsinking capability for its high-current Class A/B architecture. Each channel is rated at 105 watts RMS per channel (8 ohms, 20–20kHz, .08% THD, any two channels driven simultaneously), more than enough to drive even low- to moderate-efficiency speakers to extremely loud levels in virtually any listening space.
There are also dual subwoofer line-level outputs. This is an extremely important feature, because it lets you connect two subwoofers and place them in different locations within the room. This results in two extremely important benefits:
1. Audibly-destructive room resonances (often called “room modes”) which are based on the dimensional relationship of the subwoofer to the major room boundaries (walls and floor) can be “smoothed out” and randomized by different physical placements of each subwoofer. Listeners will experience stronger, more uniform bass response from anywhere in the room, without the “hotspots” and “cancellations” that often happen with a single subwoofer.
2. For a given system loudness level, each of the two subwoofers only needs to be driven half as hard as would a single sub, resulting in far cleaner bass sound, with commensurately lower distortion from both the subwoofer’s amplifier and its driver.
The AVR-X3100W Rack is also rated to drive lower impedance speakers, down to 4 ohms. This is especially important in elaborate multiple-speaker installations where paralleled speaker pairs often present a load impedance below 8 ohms to the receiver’s amplifier section. Less capable receivers will shut down (or worse) under these conditions, necessitating the installer/integrator to return to the job site and perform a lengthy and costly trouble-shoot. Unfortunately, often the only remedy is to replace the receiver with a more capable unit—a disastrous and expensive resolution and one that Denon Professional’s AVR-X3100W Rack makes certain you never encounter.
Denon Professional’s new Eco amplifier mode automatically adjusts the unit’s power consumption based on its volume level setting in order to maximize its electrical usage efficiency, and an on-screen Eco meter lets you see the power consumption savings in real time.
Featuring Audyssey’s Gold suite of advanced DSP audio processing algorithms, the AVR-X3100W Rack includes Audyssey MultEQ XT automatic room acoustic measurement and correction system, along with Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Audyssey Dynamic EQ. Simply stated, this means that the AVR-X3100W Rack will perform an automatic room equalization and correction function, so that your client’s system will always sound as good as possible, regardless of the room’s uncorrected acoustic issues or speaker placement restrictions.
Audyssey DSX (Dynamic Surround Expansion) provides the ability to add two front “height” or front “wide” speakers, for even greater realism and listening enjoyment. Two of the receiver’s seven internal amplified channels can be used for these functions. However, the AVR-X3100W Rack also has Pre-out jacks to allow connection of an outboard 2-channel amplifier, enabling you to keep all seven on-board amplifier channels performing their assigned functions and still engage the height/wide functionality of the receiver. This level of operational flexibility is clearly indicative of the logical thought that has gone into its design and it’s just another reason why the AVR-X3100W Rack will serve your clients’ needs so well, no matter how small or elaborate their installation.
- 4 Rack Units (rack ears included)
- Weight: 23.6 lbs (10.7 kg)
- Power Consumption: 600 Watts
- Power Consumption Standby: 0.1 Watts
- Power Consumption CEC Standby: 0.5 Watts
- Power Consumption Network Standby: 2.7 Watts
- Maximum dimensions (inches): 17.1 x 15.3 x 6.6
- Maximum dimensions (mm): 435 x 389 x 168
- Number of poweramps: 7
- Power output (8 ohms): 105 Watts
- Power output (6 ohms): 135 Watts
Multichannel surround support:
- DTS HD Master
- DTS ES
- DTS 96/24
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Digital EX
- Dolby ProLogic IIz
- Audyssey DSX (with MultEQ XT PRO)
- DTS Neo:X
- Multichannel Stereo
- Discrete Power Amplifier
- Compressed Audio Restorer
Network Audio Support:
- DLNA v1.5
- AirPlay Audio Streaming
- Lossless audio formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV
- Lossless formats (cont.): FLAC HD 192/24 / ALAC 192/24 / WAV 96/24
- DSD Audio Streaming
- Gapless Playback (WAV, FLAC)
- Compressed audio formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC
- Internet Radio
Wireless Data Connections
- (8) HDMI: 7 (back), 1 (front)
- (2) Component Video (Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr) (assignable)
- (10) Analog Audio RCA (5 sets of assignable stereo inputs)
- (3) Commponent Video (assignable)
- (2) Coax Digital Audio (assignable)
- (2) Optical Audio (assignable)
- (1) RS-232C
- (1) Remote Control IR
- (1) FM Antenna (75 ohm)
- (1) AM Antenna
- (1) USB (front) with iOS control
- (1) Room Analysis Mic input
- (2) HDMI: 1 (main; with ARC), 1 (zone)
- (7) Speaker Terminals (class 2 wiring): Front R, Front L, Center, Surround R, Surround L, Surround Rear R, Surround Rear L
- (2) Subwoofer Pre Outs
- (4) Surround Sound Rear Pre Outs
- (2) Zone2 RCA (L/R)
- (2) Component Video (Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr)
- (1) Remote Control IR
- (1) Trigger Out (DV12V, 150mA MAX)
- (1) 1/4-inch (6.3mm) Stereo headphones