The Extron IN1604 DTP and IN1604 HD are HDCP‑compliant scalers with three HDMI inputs, a universal analog video input, and an Extron DTP® or HDMI output, in a compact 1U, half rack enclosure. The IN1604 is ideal for installation beneath conference tables and in lecterns to provide localized switching support for sources such as presenter devices. The IN1604 DTP output allows signal extension up to 330 feet (100 meters) over shielded CATx cable to reach a wall or ceiling‑mounted display. Both IN1604 models provide the convenience of fast and reliable switching, along with a high performance scaling engine for HDMI and analog video sources. Also included are a host of audio processing features and many versatile options for control.
Built for Digital Video Integration
The IN1604 is HDCP‑compliant and delivers highly reliable digital switching of HDMI signals. To simplify integration of HDMI sources and displays, and to help ensure optimal system performance and dependability, the IN1604 features three Extron‑exclusive technologies: EDID Minder®, Key Minder®, and SpeedSwitch®. EDID Minder manages EDID communication between the display device and input sources to ensure that the correct video formats are displayed reliably. For HDMI signals with protected content, Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching. With SpeedSwitch Technology, the IN1604 delivers exceptional, virtually instantaneous switching speeds for HDCP‑encrypted content.
High Performance Video Processing
The IN1604 features an advanced scaling engine that can scale HDMI, RGB, component, and standard definition video signals to a common high resolution output. It provides high performance deinterlacing of all interlaced signals up to 1080i, and Deep Color processing to deliver optimal image quality. The universal analog video input is configurable for RGB computer video, HDTV, component video, S‑video, or composite video. Additionally, the color space and chroma subsampling of the HDMI output can be automatically set to ensure compatibility with a connected DVI or HDMI display. Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection maximizes image quality for content sources originating from film. The IN1604 accepts and outputs signals up to 1920×1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K.
Selectable FILL and FOLLOW modes are also available to ensure the proper aspect ratio of the output. FILL mode provides full screen output, while FOLLOW mode preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
Available Integrated Digital Twisted Pair Extension
The IN1604 DTP includes one DTP twisted pair output. This output can be used to extend video, audio, and bidirectional control signals to a DTP 230 or DTP 330 receiver in a remote location, such as behind a flat‑panel display on a wall or above a ceiling‑mounted projector. DTP 230 and DTP 330 receivers are available in compact, low‑profile enclosures or decorator-style wallplate versions to suit the installation requirements of a specific application. The IN1604 DTP can also be integrated into a larger AV switching system with a DTP‑enabled switcher or matrix switcher, such as the Extron IN1608 or DTP CrossPoint 84.
When the IN1604 DTP is paired with a DTP 330 receiver, video, control, and analog audio signals can be extended up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a single shielded CATx cable. With a DTP 230 receiver, signals can be extended up to 230 feet (70 meters).
The DTP twisted pair output includes additional convenient, integrator‑friendly features designed to help simplify installation. Bidirectional RS‑232 and IR signals can be inserted from a control system and transmitted over the single shielded CATx cable together with the video and audio, enabling control of a display. The IN1604 DTP can also send power to the DTP receiver over the same shielded CATx cable, streamlining system design and installation.
The IN1604 DTP can be configured for compatibility with an HDBaseT-enabled display to send digital video and embedded audio, plus bidirectional RS‑232 and IR signals up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable.
Audio Integration Capabilities
The IN1604 delivers essential audio integration capabilities, including HDMI audio embedding and de‑embedding, and flexible audio switching with two individually assignable analog audio inputs. The audio configuration settings for the IN1604 can be easily adjusted through Extron’s PCS – Product Configuration Software. Using this software, users can adjust input gain and attenuation for each analog input, output volume, plus audio muting.
Convenient Under-Table and Surface Mounting
The IN1604 is housed in a compact 1U, half rack width enclosure that can be installed virtually anywhere, including inconspicuous placement underneath a conference table, inside a credenza, or in a lectern. Extron UTS Series and MBU 123 mounting hardware are available separately to facilitate under‑table and surface mounting.
Multiple Options for Control and Operation
The IN1604 features front panel controls and on-screen menus for quick access to system settings. It also features automatic switching between inputs to streamline system operation when the unit is installed in locations such as a lectern or under a conference table. Remote configuration and control are available via USB and RS‑232, plus contact closure with tally output for input switching and muting. The IN1604 can be configured using Extron’s PCS software with a user‑friendly GUI that is very easy to navigate. This software application allows for expedited setup and commissioning, real-time operation and monitoring, plus the ability to configure several IN1604 units in the same session.
- Integrates HDMI, analog video, and audio sources into presentation systems — The IN1604 provides centralized switching for a wide range of AV sources.
- Inputs: Three HDMI; one universal 15-pin HD input for RGB, component video, S‑video, or composite video; stereo balanced/unbalanced audio inputs on captive screw; unbalanced stereo audio input on one 3.5 mm stereo mini jack
- Outputs: One DTP® twisted pair output on RJ-45 – IN1604 DTP; one HDMI output – IN1604 HD; one stereo audio output on captive screw
- Three HDMI inputs and one universal analog video input — The IN1604 allows for switching between HDMI and analog video sources. The universal analog input accepts all standard analog video formats, including RGB, HD component video, S‑video, and composite video.
- Available with DTP or HDMI output — The IN1604 DTP features a DTP twisted pair output, and the IN1604 HD is equipped with an HDMI output.
- Auto-switching between inputs — Auto‑switching allows for simple, unmanaged installation in locations such as in a lectern or under a conference table. When multiple inputs are active, the switching priority is configurable.
- Selectable output rates from 640×480 to 1920×1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K — Available output rates include computer and video up to 1920×1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K.
- Advanced scaling engine with 30‑bit precision processing and motion-adaptive deinterlacing for signals up to 1080i — Image scaling and video format conversion are performed at 30‑bit precision for enhanced color accuracy and picture detail. Advanced deinterlacing for all interlaced signals up to 1080i delivers optimized image quality.
- HDMI audio embedding — Analog audio signals can be embedded onto the DTP or HDMI output.
- HDMI audio de‑embedding — Embedded HDMI two‑channel PCM audio can be extracted to the analog outputs, or multi‑channel bitstream formats can be passed to the DTP or HDMI output.
- HDCP compliant — Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non-HDCP mode.
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 6.75 Gbps, Deep Color, and HD lossless audio formats
- Available integrated DTP output supports transmission of HDMI, control, and analog audio up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable — The IN1604 DTP output supports digital signal transmission of HDMI plus control and analog audio up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable, providing high reliability and maximum performance on an easily installed cable infrastructure.
- Extron XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable is strongly recommended for optimal performance
- Compatible with CATx shielded twisted pair cable — The IN1604 DTP fully supports a maximum transmission distance of 330 feet (100 meters) for all compatible resolutions when used with CATx shielded twisted pair cable. Shielded twisted pair cabling with solid center conductor sizes of 24 AWG or better is recommended for optimal performance.
- Bidirectional RS‑232 and IR pass‑through for AV device control — Bidirectional RS‑232 control and IR signals can be transmitted alongside the video signal over the DTP connection, allowing the remote device to be controlled without the need for additional cabling. Bidirectional control extension eliminates the need for control system wiring to remote devices.
- Remote powering of DTP receiver — The IN1604 DTP can provide power to a DTP receiver over the twisted pair connection, eliminating the need for a separate power supply at the remote unit.
- Compatible with all DTP 230 and DTP 330 Series receivers, and DTP‑enabled products — Enables mixing and matching with desktop and wallplate receivers, as well as other DTP‑enabled products to meet application requirements.
- DTP output is compatible with HDBaseT‑enabled devices — The IN1604 DTP can be configured to send video and embedded audio, plus bidirectional RS‑232 and IR signals to an HDBaseT‑enabled display.
- RJ‑45 signal and link LED indicators for DTP port — Provides a means for validating signal flow and operation, allowing quick identification of connectivity issues.
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching — Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments, while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source signal to one or more displays.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.
- SpeedSwitch® Technology provides exceptional switching speed for HDCP‑encrypted content
- Aspect ratio control — The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation — Provides real‑time verification of HDCP status for each digital video input and output. This allows for simple, quick, and easy signal and HDCP verification through front panel LEDs, RS‑232, or USB, providing valuable feedback to a system operator or helpdesk support staff.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation — When HDCP‑encrypted content is transmitted to a non‑HDCP compliant display, a full‑screen green signal is sent to the display for immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction — Automatically enables or disables embedded audio and InfoFrames, and sets the correct color space for proper connection to HDMI and DVI displays.
- Seamless switching — Seamless cut through black and fade through black transition effects are available to enhance presentations by eliminating distractions during switching.
- Auto‑Image™ setup — When activated, the unit automatically optimizes the image by analyzing and adjusting to the video input signal. This can save time and effort in setting up a newly connected source, particularly in presentation environments where different guest presenter laptops with various output resolutions will be connected.
- Auto Input Memory — When activated, the unit automatically stores size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal. When the same signal is detected again, these image settings are automatically recalled from memory.
- On‑screen menus — Intuitive on‑screen menus allow for easy system setup using the front panel controls. Key parameters such as input and output video formats and resolutions are conveniently grouped on the initial Quick Setup screen, while additional screens provide full control over the unit’s other functions and settings.
- Output Standby Mode — The unit can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat‑panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life.
- Power Save Mode — The unit can be placed in a low power standby state to conserve energy when not in use.
- Image freeze control — A live image can be frozen using RS‑232 serial control or USB.
- Picture controls for brightness, contrast, color, tint, detail, as well as horizontal and vertical positioning, and sizing
- User presets — Memory presets are available for each input to store and recall optimized image settings.
- Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection — Advanced film mode processing techniques that help maximize image quality for NTSC, PAL, and 1080i sources that originated from film.
- Quad standard video decoding — A temporal, 3D adaptive comb filter provides advanced decoding of composite NTSC 3.58, NTSC 4.43, PAL, and SECAM for integration into systems worldwide.
- Internal video test patterns and pink noise generator for calibration and setup — The unit offers several video test patterns and audio pink noise to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- Output volume control — Provides master volume control for the analog line level output, two-channel PCM HDMI audio, as well as DTP analog audio for the IN1604 DTP model.
- Audio input gain and attenuation — Gain or attenuation can be adjusted for each analog audio input to eliminate noticeable differences when switching between sources.
- Audio input assignment — Each video input can be assigned to either of the two available analog audio inputs. This enables all four video inputs to share a single analog audio input. The HDMI inputs can be set to pass the embedded digital audio, or automatically embed the analog audio when no digital audio is detected.
- Audio switching transitions — The audio output level automatically ramps down and then ramps up to match the video during switching transitions.
- Integrated audio delay — The audio output is automatically delayed to compensate for latency introduced by the video processing.
- Selectable audio muting — The audio accompanying each video input can be individually muted. The analog audio output and embedded digital audio output can also be muted, all at once or independently.
- Front panel security lockout — This feature locks out all front panel functions except for input selection; all functions however, are available through USB or RS‑232 control.
- RS‑232 control port — Enables the use of serial commands for integration into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ – Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Contact closure remote control with tally output — Allows for remote selection and muting of an input channel, while a tally output provides +5 VDC to light an LED to indicate the currently selected input.
- Compatible with TeamWork Show Me Cables — Show Me cables provide convenient connectivity and user input selection and control for TeamWork Collaboration Systems. Visit the TeamWork System Builder to create a customized system for your collaboration environment.
- Front panel USB configuration port — Enables easy configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- JITC Certified — Successfully completed interoperability and information assurance testing for use in government applications and other mission-critical environments.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron’s PCS – Product Configuration Software — Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- Compact 1U, half rack width metal enclosure — The half rack width enclosure is designed for inconspicuous under‑table placement using the UTS Series Under Table Shelf System or MBU 123 Low‑Profile Mount Kit, available separately.
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high‑demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty